With lockdowns being reintroduced in some parts of the world in response to the second wave of COVID-19 cases, many of us will be looking to stay entertained at home and will almost certainly end up curled up on the sofa with our dogs, cats, and significant others binge-watching Netflix.
Binge-watching invariably leads to increased consumption of snacks, but this doesn’t necessarily have to be bad news for those of us who are looking to lose weight or eat healthily, as there are plenty of yummy healthy snacks to choose from.
Side note… If you haven’t watched Schitt’s Creek yet, we highly recommend it!
Read on to check out some of our favorite healthy snacks to enjoy while binge watching Netflix.
Veggies & Hummus
First on our list, we have a veggies and hummus. Hummus is an easy to make dip which consists of a mixture of chickpeas, tahini, garlic and olive oil. Or, if you prefer, you can buy some hummus from a nearby store and just cut up some vegetables.
It can be eaten with vegetables like carrot and cucumber to make for a delicious and light snack.
Baked Broccoli Tots
Homemade baked broccoli tots are packed with healthy nutrients and have a pretty low fat content, as they are baked rather than fried. The great thing about this snack is it is not only extremely healthy but also very easy to make and requires just a handful of ingredients.
You can either make some apple chips at home or buy them from a store. Either way they make for a tasty and healthy snack which you can enjoy without worrying about your waistline.
There are several variations of this snack, but regardless of how you decide to season it, roasted chickpeas make for a tasty snack which is not only low in calories, but also has a high protein and fiber content.
This makes you feel full for longer and will help you avoid eating other less healthy, calorie heavy snacks.
Baked Cucumber Chips
This is another great snack which is super easy to make. You simply need to cut a couple of cucumbers into thin slices and then season them with salt and vinegar or a mixture of spices depending on what you prefer.
Peanut Butter Dip & Fruits
Lastly, we have another delicious dip. This dip is made by simply mixing peanut butter with low fat Greek vanilla yoghurt.
It goes well with fruits like apples, strawberries and bananas.
A Quick Summary
- As many of us will now be spending more time at home now, we’re likely to binge-watch more.
- This often leads to more unhealthy snacking, which can make it difficult to follow our diet plans and weight loss goals, especially in winter and the fall.
- So, we’ve put together a list of yummy yet healthy snacks that you can enjoy while binge-watching your favorite Netflix series.
- Some of our top picks include hummus & veggies, baked broccoli tots, peanut butter dip & fruits, and yummy apple chips.
- Aside from being delicious and extremely healthy, many of these snacks are super easy to make and require just a handful of easy to find ingredients.